[mythtv-users] Getting the most use out of all tuners

Patrick Nichols myth at panic.id.au
Sun Feb 18 11:30:25 UTC 2007

On Sun, February 18, 2007 8:43 pm, David Whyte wrote:
> On 2/18/07, Steve Hodge <stevehodge at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> You could look into using the "soft-padding" patch that's been developed
>> because Australian broadcasters are so lousy at sticking to their own
>> schedules. That patch allows the scheduler to ignore the Start Early/End
>> Late in the case of conflicts that can't be resolved by shifting
>> recordings
>> to different tuners.

The softpad branch is what you're after to shift things to other tuners.
The current svn version of softpad is available at:
  http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/branches/softpad

Be aware however that this is against an older fixes version than current.
 I've applied the patches against 0.20-fixes at 12674, and a diff is
available at:
  http://www.panic.id.au/softpad/mythtv-softpad-12674.diff

I've got a copy of minimyth for these patches mirrored, but they are
available at the moment at:
  http://linpvr.org/minimyth/download/test/softpad20-22b10/

There are some precompiled deb's for ubuntu (dapper) on my slow internet
link (http://www.panic.id.au/softpad/) as well, but for them you're pretty
much on your own, I based them on what is available at:
   deb http://apt.hypnogogic.org dapper-hypnogogic mythtv

I've got four tuners to avoid the pre-roll/post-roll stuff and capture all
of the shows I want.  It works well for me.  I've no idea if or when this
will go into the main mythtv branch.  I'm by no means a developer, I just
took an interest and learnt enough of diff and svn to generate the patches
:)

--
Patrick Nichols