[mythtv-users] Can't Patch mkinitrd

Jarod Wilson lists at wilsonet.com
Sun Feb 18 06:25:18 UTC 2007

On Feb 17, 2007, at 14:02, Nick Morrott wrote:

> On 17/02/07, Beny Spensieri Jr <benyjr at yahoo.ca> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm running FC6 x86_64 and I'm following Jarrod's
>> instructions.  I am trying to run X on the PVR 350's
>> output.  When I get to the part where I have to patch
>> /sbin/mkinitrd, I get the following:
>>
>> [root at localhost ~]# patch /sbin/mkinitrd-ivtv <
>> mkinitrd-ivtv.patch
>> patching file /sbin/mkinitrd-ivtv
>> Hunk #1 FAILED at 97.
>> Hunk #2 succeeded at 728 with fuzz 2 (offset 230
>> lines).
>> Hunk #3 succeeded at 835 with fuzz 1 (offset 52
>> lines).
>> Hunk #4 succeeded at 1040 with fuzz 2 (offset 237
>> lines).
>> 1 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file
>> /sbin/mkinitrd-ivtv.rej
>> [root at localhost ~]#
>>
>> if I then proceed with:
>>
>> mkinitrd-ivtv -f --ivtvdev /boot/initrd-`uname -r`.img
>> `uname -r`
>>
>> and then reboot, the computer does not boot using the
>> 350's output.
>>
>> Anyone have any suggestions or ideas?
>
> A patch will only apply cleanly if it can find the code it is
> replacing in the source code. This same issue came up in Janurary so
> please see http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/243922.
>
> First off I would email Jarod so he can fixup the patch file (I don't
> think his SVN is up any more).

Yes it is. :)

(The only thing that isn''t "up" is my trac, but that *is* up, it
just requires a login that only two people have because I haven't got
around to taking care of locking it down properly to let legit people
and keep the spamatosis out).

> If you compare your original mkinitrd-ivtv file and the patch you
> downloaded from Jarod's site, it's quite likely the reason the patch
> is failing is obvious (could be additional characters on line 97, see
> above link) so you may well be able to patch the file yourself, if you
> check the patch file to see what it 'should' be replacing.

mkinitrd keeps changing regularly... I've been meaning to fix that
patch. I'll see what I can do tomorrow. I think it needs to pull in
the 350 output init mpg file too still...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com