[mythtv-users] MythTV on Hughes HDVR2?

Rod Smith mythtv at rodsbooks.com
Sun Feb 18 01:15:25 UTC 2007

On Saturday 17 February 2007 19:53, Shawn wrote:
> Does anyone know if I can install MythTV on a Hughes HDVR2 (Directv
> Tivo)? MythTV looks much nicer than Tivo but I don't want to invest
> money in new hardware unless I absolutely have to.

No, you can't install MythTV on any TiVo unit. In fact, this is covered in the
MythTV documentation:

Basically, the TiVo relies on custom hardware to do a lot of with MythTV does
in software, and drivers for that hardware don't exist. Even if they did, the
MythTV architecture isn't optimized to use the TiVo hardware, so it'd be very
hard to get MythTV running on TiVo hardware.

--
Rod Smith
http://www.rodsbooks.com