[mythtv-users] UPNP Configuration

Jonathan Smith jonathanlsmith at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 23:51:03 UTC 2007

On 2/17/07, Kevin Cossaboon <cossaboon.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 17, 2007, at 5:34 PM, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
>
> > Kevin Cossaboon wrote:
> >> I just got a JVC /. I-O Data SRDVD-100U and it works GREAT with
> >> MythTV.
> >>
> >> I was wondering if there is a way to add a directory to the Menu
> >> MythTV offers. I want to put Video's on the server (archived
> >> recordings and such), and have a directory called 'Video's'
> >> and preferably have it follow a directory structure.
> >>
> > I think if you just import those videos into MythVideo it will do
> > just that.
> >

> Did not seem to work. Files show up in 'watch Video' but not to the
> SRDVD-100U (i-o data) that uses UPNP.
>
> Do I need to reboot?

I dont think videos are exposed to UPNP, there is a tool from Intel
you can download that will show you what is available via UPNP and it
looks like it is only music and recordings.

http://www.intel.com/cd/ids/developer/asmo-na/eng/downloads/upnp/overview/index.htm

There are scripts that will move videos to recordings, dont have any
information readily available.

HTH