[mythtv-users] Recording VCR tapes to a Hauppage-250 using R5E50

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 22:13:15 UTC 2007

On 17/02/07, teddymills <teddymills at gmail.com> wrote:

> My current channel 3 is set to use my cable box's channel 3. (different
> frequency?)
> Anyways when I connect a VCR to the Hauppage-PVR-250 coax, and change to
> channel 3, all I get is snow.

You should get better quality results if you use the composite or
S-Video inputs on the PVR-250 (and your VCR has these outputs) instead
of the tuner.

If you want to check whether your VCR is outputting on a different RF
channel, you could run the ivtv tuning script (ptune?) and see which
channel gives you a picture whilst watching or recording from the
card.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki: