[mythtv-users] Wireless keyboard with built-in mouse recommendaions, Any!?

ryan patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 15:13:33 UTC 2007

On 2/16/07, Bearcat M. Sandor <HomeTheater at feline-soul.com> wrote:

> This thread is just what i've been looking for. After my logitech
> bluetooth died, i'm now looking for another keyboard.
>
> So far the http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16823110001
> with the joystick and the
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16823166047 with the
> touch pad look like the winners for me.
>
> I like the idea of touch pads, but i find that when moving across the
> screen i have to return my finger back to side of the pad i started at.
> Back and forth, back and forth.
>
> How well does the joystick work as far as ergonomics?  Can you scroll
> easily? Are the left/right buttons in a good place?  Do you press down on
> the joystick to click?
>
> As far as the touch pad goes, i have kind of an odd problem.  I wear poet
> shirts exclusively and they have loose sleeves. Thus my sleeve drags along
> the pad if i move my arm. I'd bet people in the 1600s had the same problem
> with their laptops.

The touch pad on that keyboard is placed batter then on most laptops.  I
have big hands and on most lap tops with my hands at 'home row' my thumb
rests on the touch pad and causes the mouse pointer to move and click on
stuff.  But I don't have that problem with that keyboard.  I can't say if
you will have a problem with your shirt or not though.

My HTPC is also my main work computer so this keyboard will be my main