[mythtv-users] Where to specify IVTV tuner type on Knoppmyth

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat Feb 17 00:20:51 UTC 2007

OK guys, I know I'm missing something stupid here.

New Knoppmyth installation with a PVR-150 with an unrecognized tuner
type ("tuner-of-the-week" club).

I know I have to specify to IVTV what the tuner type is, I think type
50 will work.

I thought I had to simply specify the tuner type in /etc/
modules.conf, or perhaps /etc/modutils/aliases.

But this is not working for some reason. I'm not that familiar with
how Debian loads modules, every distro seems a bit different, some
files are overwritten at boot it seems.

So, anyone know precisely where I need to specify the tuner type?

This *should* be simple, maybe I'm just short on sleep :-)

Any help appreciated as always.