[mythtv-users] Wireless keyboard with built-in mouse recommendaions, Any!?

Bill Chmura Bill at Explosivo.com
Fri Feb 16 18:40:23 UTC 2007

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 14:34:28 +0800
"Ow Mun Heng" <ow.mun.heng at wdc.com> wrote:

> > Steve Hodge wrote:
> > > I use one of these:
> > > http://www.btc.com.tw/english/2-7-21keyboard.htm#9019urf
> > > <http://www.btc.com.tw/english/2-7-21keyboard.htm#9019urf>
> > >
> > > It's good. The joystick works in joystick mode (in Myth and
> > in XMame) or
> > > in mouse mode.Range is good, at least 3m stated. I use mine
> > from about
> > > 5m regularly. The handles are suprisingly useful.
> >

> > I use the same model and can confirm how well it works.
>

> I have one too, but My experience is not as good. Range isn't all that much
> to shout about. (Depends on placement of the receiving unit)
>
> I used to put it on top of the HTPC, (on the right of the TV) but range was
> bad even <~2m. Moved the receiver to on top of the TV, then all is well)
>
> Eats up batteries though.

The BTC 9019URF works great for me.  With new batteries and a clear line of site from the keyboard to the pickup I can get 23 feet.  Its also light - completely possible for you to stand, hold it, and type with the other hand fairly easily.  It supplements my harmony remote nicely.

The manuf. claims the effective range is about 10', but I don't think I have ever used it that close.

FWIW - the next version 9019URFIII will not be made available in the U.S.  Tough to track that information down - and I am not even sure its accurate (had to call a distributor).