[mythtv-users] No xvideo with an nvidia 7950

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Fri Feb 16 14:39:18 UTC 2007

On 16 Feb 2007, at 07:34, Richard Horton wrote:
> I am fairly certain that I am using the binary driver, because I
> had to get
> it from Nvidia (it's not the one that came with Linux) and it
> downloaded as
> a .run file, and installed from there.  (The .run file is just an
> install
> script, not a build script, right?). ...

I'm not familiar with your distro, but it's usual to use distro-
specific tools to install the nVidia drivers, rather than the generic
ones provided at nVidia's site.

If you're using Fedora, following the instructions at Mr Wilson's
site then I observe the following installation method advised:
   #yum -y install nvidia-graphics9746-kmdl-$KVER
   # yum -y install nvidia-graphics9746-libs nvidia-graphics9746
   [from <http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php#video>; you may need
to set or edit $KVER manually]

What does your xorg.conf say? Is Xvideo specified in there? Posing a
copy of your xorg.conf might elicit a response from someone more
clueful than I.

Stroller.