[mythtv-users] No audio with saa7134 card

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Fri Feb 16 06:09:29 UTC 2007

David Brodbeck wrote:
> I have a Mercury TV card, supported by the saa7134 driver.  I decided it
> would be nice to set up the machine it's in as a slave backend.  I'm
> able to watch video from the card on the main frontend/backend machine,
> but I get no audio.  The card is connected with a loopback cable to the
> line input on the slave backend's on-board soundcard.
>
> It almost seems like audio output from the card is getting disabled
> somehow...

Did a little experiment and confirmed that's exactly what's happening.
With mythtv playing live video from the card, I disconnected the
loopback cable and plugged my amplified speakers directly into the
card.  I got silence.  So unlike tvtime, mythbackend is disabling the
sound from the card somehow.