[mythtv-users] prebuilt high definition frontend vendors

Mitchell Gore mitchell2345 at msn.com
Fri Feb 16 01:07:55 UTC 2007

I wonder why you want to buy a pre-built system?  If you are going to build your own backend it must not be the technical aspect.  You could build a system much cheaper..Plus.   3 ghz Celeron would be a little be taxed i believe.  You couldn enable XvMC  if you had a Nvdia video card but the web site says nothing about what card it uses.  I assume its a Nvdia with the component out... my 2 centsMitchellDate: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 18:12:20 -0500From: mythtvdc at gmail.comTo: mythtv-users at mythtv.orgSubject: [mythtv-users] prebuilt high definition frontend vendorsHas anyone bought the Hannibal prebuilt Mythtv system from http://www.tvease.net?  I'm thinking of buying one to use as a high definition front end.  The url to the model that I am thinking of getting is:
http://store02.prostores.com/servlet/tvease/Search?category=media+centers%3AhannibalThe machine's specs look pretty good for $499 and it can play high definition via vga, component video, or dvi.  I plan to build the backend myself since it will be in a different room and can be noisy.  The case used in the Hannibal was rated as the quietest in a test by arstechnica [or another tech site].  Are there any other vendors selling prebuilt Mythtv systems that I should be looking at that are silent or near silent around the same price?  If I go with the Hannibal, I'll pull the hard drive out and netboot the system over the LAN.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.David

Personalize your Live.com homepage with the news, weather, and photos you care about.