[mythtv-users] problems with diskless setup

Chris Rouch chris.rouch at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 16:57:20 UTC 2007

On 2/12/07, Reza Naima <reza at reza.net> wrote:
> A few hours of work, and I'm making some progress, but I've reached a
> point that where I'm a bit lost.  I'm setting up a diskless boot
> environment for fc6 based on the system-config-netboot-0.1.34-1_FC3.  It
> seems to be working in a sane mannor -- the logic of the disklessrc file
> is to mount the readonly root fs then mount rw the snapshot fs. It then
> does a mount -bind to map the files off the snapshot fs over the ro
> files from the main mount.  However, after the mount -bind operation,
> these files are still Read-only.  I tried going through the same steps
> locally, and it works as expected - I can't write to the files that are
> ro, but after a mount -bind I can.  This doesn't seem to be he case with
> the diskless installation.  Any thoughts?  Any way to get a shell from
> that disklessrc file so i can poke around?

I updated the wiki last week or so to show how to work around the bugs
in system-config-netboot-0.1.41-1.FC6. I ended up with the whole
system mounted rw, which is not how it's supposed to be, but means I
have a fully working FC6 diskless front end.

So try it with this version, and see what happens.

Regards,

Chris