[mythtv-users] Firewire hard locksThis is what I've got: Asus M2N-E mobo (nForce 570 chipset) w/ AMD64 3800+ (single core) SB Audigy 2 ZS, using the firewire port nVidia 7600 GT PCI-E pcHDTV 5500 capture card Kernel version 2.6.20, 32 bit, preempt Debian Etch (

Stephen Sassman sassman1 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 01:27:28 UTC 2007

My system is pretty similar to yours:

MSI K9N platinum (nForce 570 chipset)
AMD 64 4200+ (dual core)
nVidia 7600 GS PCI-E
Motorola DCT6416 cable box
Kernel version 2.6.18, 32 bit
Debian Etch (testing), with mythtv packages from
mythtv.org (SVN 12735)

I had problems with hard locks a while back. These cleared up after
upgrading my nvidia driver (now using 9746) and adding the correct
modeline for my TV. Are you sure that it is firewire related? Maybe
try a different nvidia driver.

I have had problems related to firewire, but no hard locks that have
been firewire related. My problems with firewire have been fixed by
running firewire_tester multiple times, or if that didn't work after
many tries I had to rm /usr/local/bin/mythtv* and run 'make install'
in the  mythtv-svn directory to reinstall the binaries.