[mythtv-users] TV sound coming from right only

Kyle Peterson kpeterson at hermies.net
Wed Feb 14 00:08:12 UTC 2007

On 12-Feb-07, at 8:23 PM, Kyle Peterson wrote:

> Hi everybody!
>
> I'm new to mythtv.  I just installed it on a spare machine w/ Ubuntu
> Dapper.  Got things working with little problems.  For a TV tuner I
> have a MSI VOX2 external box which uses the em28xx driver.  I plan on
> using this temporarily until I get a DVB-S card.  Anyway, my problem
> is that this MSI tv tuner is mono only.  When I watch live tv sound
> only comes through the right speaker.  DVDs playback using both
> speakers fine.  Is there anyway to have the mono tv input sent to
> both speakers?
>
> Thanks in advance

On 12-Feb-07, at 8:23 PM, Kyle Peterson wrote:
> Hi everybody!
>
> I'm new to mythtv.  I just installed it on a spare machine w/
> Ubuntu Dapper.  Got things working with little problems.  For a TV
> tuner I have a MSI VOX2 external box which uses the em28xx driver.
> I plan on using this temporarily until I get a DVB-S card.  Anyway,
> my problem is that this MSI tv tuner is mono only.  When I watch
> live tv sound only comes through the right speaker.  DVDs playback
> using both speakers fine.  Is there anyway to have the mono tv
> input sent to both speakers?
>
> Thanks in advance

Sorry I missed some important information in my post.  I am using
MythTV .20 SVN fix release.  The computer is a MSI nforce2
motherboard w/ xp2200 cpu.  Right now I am using the onboard nforce2
audio.   My external tv tuner connects to the computer's usb port and
there is a cable that goes from tv tuner to the aux input (blue
connector) on my sound card.