[mythtv-users] sa3250HD Channel Change

Eric Smith erictsmith at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 23:03:04 UTC 2007

On 2/13/07, Eric Broszeit <eric.broszeit at gmail.com> wrote:
> You should get the vendor not found if the script is the one I have. It
> really depends. For some reason, I was also having issues getting anything
> useful out of plugreport. I used my borrowed 4200hd script to print the
> vendor_id and user_id when in verbose mode, adjusted it, and it should be
> good now. Can I see the C script you have?
>
> On 2/13/07, Allan Wilson <allanwilson at gmail.com> wrote:
> > From my experience you won't get stb not found if id is wrong. I had to
> fix that early on. You have to be using SVN to be able to use Myth to do the
> channel changing. I got my id early on from either plugreport or the gui
> version of plugreport. Does it change the channel at all. On my box even
> when it wasn't working right it at least changed the channel to something.
> >
> > Allan

> --
> -----
> Eric B

Sorry, I should have mentioned I am running svn trunk revision 12709.
The first part of the GIUD from Plugreport (i'm guessing this is the
vendor id) and sa3250ch are showing matching numbers so i am assuming
that is correct.  Both internal myth and the sa3250 script both cause
nothing visible to occur on the stb.  I should probably mention that
if i manually tune to a known working channel i am able to capture
video using test-mpeg2 so to me that rules out an issue with the
connection itself.