[mythtv-users] AC3 to SPDIF option

Michael Wisniewski wiz561 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 18:06:55 UTC 2007

Hi!

   I'm off from work because of the snow, and I've been hitting myth hard so
that is why I have so many questions.  :-)

   Anyways, I have a question about the "Enable AC3 to SPDIF passthrough".
When I have this option enabled, AC3 does pass through to my receiver in
Dolby Digital form, like it should.  When I disable it, it doesn't.  That
makes sense, and works how I would have suspected.

    But now, when I play a non-ac3 stream and have my receiver off, it plays
through the speakers on my tv fine, using the line-out of the soundcard.
But when I try to play an ac3 dolby digital stream, the line-out of the
sound card makes a bunch of clicks through the speakers on the tv.

    Is there a way to make it so that the line-out of the soundcard plays
the stream no matter what, while the SPDIF out plays the digital stream?

Thanks!