[mythtv-users] Interference lines in all recordings

Tim Gray tim at p-a-a-i.com
Tue Feb 13 18:03:39 UTC 2007

I found a solution to my problem.

After lots of tests, adding in aluminum shields, soldering the shield
cans, and not getting rid of the interference I discovered the problem
that may help others.  Regular TV's and the ReplayTV have no sensitivity
to this so it has to be a PVR-350 specific problem...

My signal coming in the house is too high. Specifically on the lower
channel numbers.  I had a 18+DB difference between channel 2 and channel
96  adding in a tilt compensator where the cable comes in the house
eliminated the problem by reducing the signal of the lower channel
numbers and not affecting the higher channel numbers signal strength.
Granted I have tools at my disposal that most of you do not such as a
NTSC/QAM signal strength meter/ cable plant analyzer but adding in a
$8.95 tilt compensator to your cable may solve some interference
issues.  It certianly did for me.  I am actually planning on adding a
overall attenuator to my cable line as well to reduce the signal another
3 DB across all channels as it is still higher than reccomended.