[mythtv-users] OT: Networking

Damian Surr damian at gingermagic.com
Tue Feb 13 09:51:20 UTC 2007

Sorry this is off topic. Hope I don't annoy anyone. I've just not seen a
straight answer on the net.

I have Windows machines (for work) and a Myth box (Ubuntu). I hope to
move a laptop over to Linux and maybe have another dual boot, but my
main machine upstairs needs to remain Windows.

I want to be able to have folders/directories accessible on all machines.
I use Unison (AMAZING program! .. most important thing on my systems) to
synchronise directories.

What to I need to set up this network? My windows machines talk to each
other quite happily.
I had thought (know nothing about it, just hear it mentioned a lot) that
I should use Samba, but when I came to install it last night, what I
read made me wonder if I did need that or something more simple.

Your advice, or a pointer, would be appreciated.

Cheers
Damian