[mythtv-users] moving database from FC4 to gentoo (mysql 4 to 5)

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Mon Feb 12 23:11:18 UTC 2007

Michael T. Dean wrote:

>>> I don't want to derail this thread too much, but if I search google,
>>> can I just type this
>>>
>>> "foo site:www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/"
>>>
>>> and get only stuff from the mythtv Users list or will I still get
>>> everything from gossamer-threads?
>> Don't search googe. Go to gossamerthreads and navigate to the list
>> entry, and *then* search the list. It's all there and searchable.
>>
>> As of right now:
>>

>> Mailing List Archive: MythTV: Users
>>
>> Threads: 37,857 Messages: 170,818
>
> You don't get "Unable to connect to search server: Connection refused"
> and then get sent to the advanced search form?  Or, when you say,
> "*then* search the list" are you talking about clicking through all 1515
> pages of threads and using Find in Page or something?

Well usually you get a result from the search. At the moment, that
search capability obviously does not work. Right place, wrong result.
Obviously your fault, you must have insulted it or something, since it
is now sulking. Try again later after you have apologized for taxing its
capabilities.

I dunno!

Geoff

--