[mythtv-users] Powerstrip modeline not working

Henrik Beckman henrik.list at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 18:56:42 UTC 2007

I used this in my config,

xvidtune to get a modeline correct, probably you should calculate a modeline
first.

Then I canīt remember clerly but as I recall, my 32" LCD identified itself
as a 1024x768 CRT and with the newer nvidia drivers I needed a config change
to allow pushing it up to 1360x768. Bandwith was limited to what it reported
back to the gfx card. Think it was the bold lines that did the trick.

/etc/X11/xorg.conf

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier     "Generic Monitor"
    ModeLine       "1360x768" 85.5 1360 1424 1536 1792 768 771 777 795
    Option         "DPMS"
#       HorizSync       28-64
#       VertRefresh     43-60
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "6150"
    Driver         "nvidia"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier     "Default Screen"
    Device         "6150"
    Monitor        "Generic Monitor"
    DefaultDepth    24
   #Option         "UseEdidFreqs" "FALSE"
   Option      "ModeValidation" "NoMaxPClkCheck"
    Option "ExactModeTimingsDVI" "TRUE"
    Option "AllowDDCCI" "TRUE"
    #Option         "UseEDID" "FALSE"
    SubSection     "Display"
        Depth       24
        Modes      "1360x768"  "1280x720"
    EndSubSection

 SubSection     "Display"
        Depth       32
        Modes      "1360x768"  "1280x720"
    EndSubSection

EndSection

If you have rectangular pixels you might need to use the tv to scale up to
16:9, but since I donīt have a plasma someone else will probably better
better suited there.

/Henrik