[mythtv-users] Diskless frontend and prebuffering pauses

Cristo Bolaņos cbolanos at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 10:15:02 UTC 2007

Debian etch.

The problem i had was a high traffic network and a bad switch :)

To install a diskless system, read diskless-nfs-boot or mythtv-diskless howto.

A diskless system is basically:
   - Custom kernel with some nfs options activated (read howto to know
which are).
   - DHCP server working.
  - Download a custom image from www.rom-o-matic.com to boot with pxe
if your network card can't do it.

The first step would be to boot a system with bash only, to check if
it boots right :)

After, you install X.org, ...

What step are you getting problems ? :?