[mythtv-users] Using external sound mixer, remote, and focus

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Mon Feb 12 02:39:02 UTC 2007

MythTV Users,

I've been having trouble getting my audio to work consistently.

So I downloaded an external sound control script from here:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/192833#192833

And adjusted my .lircrc file as described, making sure the paths matched
my local set up.

Then I went into mythfront end and disabled the internal volume control.

But now I don't have any audio control at all.

Is there anything else I need to consider in order to use an external
audio script?

I suspect that it's something to do with the remote, in the sense that
it seems to not be able to handle requests for one program when another
program has focus.

So once mythtv has focus, commands from the remote that are targeted at
the irexec program don't get picked up. This would cut off any chance
for the external audio script to receive any commands. Am I on the right
track?

Any advice or input would be very helpful.

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft