[mythtv-users] Installing phpMyAdmin on Fedora FC MythTV

Larry Jones larry at foxgulch.com
Sun Feb 11 23:26:53 UTC 2007

I'm trying to install phyMyAdmin in my Fedora FC6 ATrpms install, using
the "quick" install method found at
http://wiki.cihar.com/pma/Quick_Install

All goes fine  until I get to (in the section that is named "With setup
script") that says:

"Next, open http://your_host/path/to/phpMyAdmin/scripts/setup.php"

My copy of config.inc.php is located  in
/var/www/html/mythweb/phpmyadmin/config

so I try
http://localhost/mythweb/phpmyadmin/config/config.inc.php

that gives me

The requested URL /mythweb/phpmyadmin/mythweb.php/config/config.inc.php
was not found on this server.
(note that mythweb.php ungraciously plugged in there!!!)

If I try (as suggested in the "instructions")
http://localhost/mythweb/phpmyadmin/scripts/setup.php
That gives me

The requested URL /mythweb/phpmyadmin/mythweb.php/scripts/setup.php was
not found on this server.

http://localhost/mythweb/phpmyadmin/main.php
gives me an error message saying I didn't create a config file.

but
http://localhost/mythweb/mythweb.php
works perfectly.

After two hours of grinding away,  I give up.  Can anyone offer a few
pointers?

Thank you,

Larry