[mythtv-users] moving database from FC4 to gentoo (mysql 4 to 5)

David Campbell dave at cpfc.org
Sun Feb 11 22:49:44 UTC 2007

Brad Fuller wrote:
> Thanks David, that worked!
> However, if I go to mythtvsetup, none of the cards are setup. I've setup
> several MythTVs, but never moved a database (always did it from scratch)
> so this is new to me.
>
> I would have figured that mythtv-setup would have all the cards,
> channels, etc filled in. I see that I have channel data, but no card or
> input source data. Why would this be?

mysql -uroot -p

mysql> use myhconverg;
mysql> select cardid,cardtype from capturecard;

If you get a sensible output then you just need to tell myth about it.

If myth should already know about it then check what interfaces mysqld
is listening on:

netstat -an | grep 3306 | grep -i listen

--
David Campbell :: www.cpfc.org