[mythtv-users] Is XFS the best choice?

Jim - MythTV mythtv at hribnak.com
Sun Feb 11 19:06:16 UTC 2007

I do not think its jfs causug yyour backends to hand.  my myth system is on
a remote raid5 server (it was running red hat)  i tried tp upgrade it one
day and things went a bit weird.  its still ran but yum and the like would
no longer work.  (this is only my file server/web server)  I ran ext3 for a
while but hated the slowness in deleting 1+gig files.  I switched to JFS and
I have never had a problem.    (my file server was online for 4 year without
a reboot.  I have since redone this machine with CentOS 4 .   Also my Myth
frontend/backend attaches to this fileserver via NFS (as well as my windows
machines).

I think there was something else causing your wows with the hangs.  I have
been extremely happy with JFS

Jim