[mythtv-users] flash in MythBrowser

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Feb 11 15:40:06 UTC 2007

On Feb 11, 2007, at 5:53 AM, Bart Coninckx wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> been googling for this one, but to my surprise not a lot of people
> seem to
> have problems with this one.
>
> Anyway, what's the deal:
>
> Mythbrowser does not seem to be able to play Flash files. I saw
> somewhere that
> MythBrowser is based on Konqueror, but that one seems to play Flash
> files
> just fine.
>
> Any thoughts?

Konqueror does not support flash unless you DL and install the
plugin. I don't think *anything* supports flash without getting their
(somewhat proprietary) player.

There is at present no flash player that is 64-bit, on 64-bit
machines you have to use the 32-bit version.

(20 years after the DEC Alpha and we're still fighting non-64-bit
compliant code)

There is an open source flash player, but it doesn't support the
latest versions of flash.

Basically it's another case of a vendor (Adobe in this case) trying
to monopolize the world.

If you're trying to use youboob  on mythbrowser I suspect you're
going to have problems, but I've never tried. No matter what you are
going to have to either find content that will work with the open
player or confront the Adobe EULA before you can play flash content.