[mythtv-users] Help moving /video from a single drive to a LVM mount point

Robin Hill myth at robinhill.me.uk
Sat Feb 10 22:37:57 UTC 2007

On Sat Feb 10, 2007 at 03:29:51PM -0500, Jeffrey Born wrote:

> Now I want to modify fstab table so that everything mounts on bootup.. What
> do I do? This is what I have now:
> LABEL=/video            /video                  ext3    defaults        1 2
> I think I want to replace that line with this:
> LABEL=/video            /dev/VGforMyth/video   ext3    defaults        1 2
>
> Is that correct?

No - the first column is the device path/label and the second is the
mount point.  You'll want to have:

/dev/VGforMyth/video      /video                  ext3    defaults       1 2

or you could leave fstab the same and set the label on the VG to /video:

        e2label /dev/VGforMyth/video /video
        or
        tune2fs -L /video /dev/VGforMyth/video

Cheers,