[mythtv-users] Only seing channel from one source?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 19:07:15 UTC 2007

On 10/02/07, Jan Johansson <j2 at mupp.net> wrote:
> >+-------------+--------+----------+-------------+
> >| cardinputid | cardid | sourceid | inputname   |
> >+-------------+--------+----------+-------------+
> >|           3 |      3 |        1 | Tuner 1     |
> >|           2 |      2 |        1 | Tuner 1     |
> >|           7 |      1 |        6 | DVBInput    |
> >|           5 |      4 |        3 | Composite 0 |
> >|           6 |      4 |        1 | Tuner 0     |
> >+-------------+--------+----------+-------------+
> >5 rows in set (0.00 sec)
>
> Wait.... Why on earth does DVB have CardInputID 7? I added this one
> first.
> Does this mean that I at some point (apparently witout realizing it)
> deleted that input, and readded it...

I'm guessing you didn't follow Bruce's advice and truncate the
cardinput table, or have added and then removed inputs after
truncation? You do not have a cardinputid of 1 or 4, so at some point
inputs have been rearranged.

If you had deleted all video sources (removing all channels and
listings) and truncated the two tables initially (removing all capture
cards and inputs) to completely clear them out, I'm quite certain you
would have been running by now.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki: