[mythtv-users] Help moving /video from a single drive to a LVM mount point

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Sat Feb 10 16:52:13 UTC 2007

On 10 Feb 2007, at 14:29, Jeffrey Born wrote:

> I am creating one big /video directory spanning two drives using
> LVM.  I already had /video and have done all the LVM stuff on the
> new drive.  I then mounted it like this:
>
> mount /dev/VGforMyth/video /videotemp
>
> I then copied all the video information from /video to /videotemp
>
> I now want to mv /video to /video2 but get the following: mv:
> cannot move `video' to `video2': Device or resource busy
>
> How do I go about moving the video directory and then getting the
> videotemp directory named vidoe?

Chances are that MythTV is reading or writing to "/video", or that it
simply has that directory locked.

Have you stopped all the Myth services (mythbackend?) before doing this?

Worst case scenario, if you can't determine which program or service
is locking the directory, is to boot to single-user mode to undertake
this task.

You might also want to read a question I asked a week or two ago
before proceeding further:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/250834#250834

Stroller.