[mythtv-users] Myth frontend on PPC OSX?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 00:57:47 UTC 2007

On 2/9/07, David Snider <dsnider at thesniderpad.com> wrote:
> Mark Knecht wrote:
> > David,
> >    Worked first time out of the box as soon as I set the IP address
> > for the backend.
> >
> >    This older PPC Mini - it was the fast one at the time - is pretty
> > slow getting the program started, and I'm not apparently seeing a
> > video preview window. Maybe that's turned off or my video chip doesn't
> > support it. I don't know.
> >

> I've never seen a video preview window on MacOSX.  I think it simply
> doesn't work on OSX.  Good luck!

Hi David,
   So it seems to work OK. It's a big laggy in the main interface but
the video is OK when it finally starts running. Video comes in noce
over the wireless interface so that gives me freedom to place it
somewhere out of the way.

   I'm not much of a Mac guy. What's the proper way to really install
this so that it works for anyone that's logged on? When I double click
on your .dmg file I get a broser that shows the file which I simply
dragged ot my desktop to test but there must be a better way to do
this. Should I be putting in the Application folder? Not sure.

   Sorry if this is on your website. I'm away from the machine right
now and on a more limited interface so I Was hoping to get a bit of
info ready for when I got back to the machine.

Cheers,
Mark