[mythtv-users] No video on tv-out of 350 but X works on tv out

Praveen Shenoy mythuser at comcast.net
Fri Feb 9 21:23:11 UTC 2007

I decided to upgrade to the latest myth on FC6 as my 0.18 version of
FC4 crashed. I have installed myth n number of times using Jarod
Wilson's guide and has worked without a problem and no problems this
time around either except that I have no video on playing thru the
pvr-350 tv out. Enabling the option "use pvr-350 tv out" in playback
settings causes no video with audio.   At this point, I have it
disabled and able to view video because I am running X on the 350's
tv out. While doing the test  specified in Jarod's guide, I am able
to see the test pattern using tv out and also able to watch a
particular channel using the dd command. Searching on past posts, I
saw somebody else had the same issue and it was due to missing
saa7127 in the latest kernel. I followed the steps suggested in the
ivtv-users list to add modeprobe saa7127 to the install ivtv line in
modprobe which worked for the other user. It did not a make a
difference for me. I have spent a lot of time on this. Some pointers
on fixing this would be greatly appreciated.

FC6
Latest myth
PVR-350 X works on the PVR-350 tv out but not video.

Thanks
Praveen