[mythtv-users] Myth frontend on PPC OSX?

Justin Kim justinlkim at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 21:07:21 UTC 2007

At 12:34 PM -0800 2/9/07, MythTV wrote:
>Justin,
>
>Hmm,  I have an Intel MacMini CoreDuo 1.66GHz that plays HD just fine
>as long as the screen is set to 1600x1200 or smaller.
>
>As I posted in a previous email having a screen that is greater than
>1600x1200 caused problems for me.  I believe it has something to do
>with shared memory for the video and not a processor speed problem.
>I was able to test with a 2GHz CoreDuo MacMini and it still stuttered
>when it tried to play HD a 1080i resolution screen.
>
>Mino

Mino,

Unfortunately my TV doesn't do 720, so I'm stuck with either 480p or
1080i.  I haven't been able to get SwitchresX to work on my Mini, but
since the problem seems to be processor speed, I'm not sure a scaled
720i res would fix my problems.

I have a gig of memory on my Mini, so I'm not sure if my problem is
memory related.  Also, since I can get steady video by turning off
the video scaling pref in the front end, I tend to think it's a
processor speed issue.

Justin