[mythtv-users] Myth frontend on PPC OSX?

Todd Ignasiak ignasiak at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 18:21:38 UTC 2007

On 2/9/07, David Snider <dsnider at thesniderpad.com> wrote:
> David Snider wrote:
> >> David,
> >>    Does the Keyspan Express work right out of the box? If so it's
> >> worth the $50 to buy on to leave OS X on the machine and save the time
> >> of messing with LIRC.
> >>
> >>    I'll look into your binaries anyway. Thanks!
> >>
> >> - Mark
> >>

> > It works right out of the box, there is a configuration piece of
> > software that comes with it, the one thing, it doesn't have that many
> > buttons, so you have to use the JVC VCR key map (I haven't done this
> > myself, just saw it on the WIKI).  But overall, I've used mine for over
> > 2 years with no issues whatsoever, with just the small number of buttons
> > that come with it.  Works well.
> >

> Forgot the Wiki link for the Keyspan Remote:
>
> http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Keyspan_Express_Remote

There are other Mac remote control options you might also want to
check into.    On my intel Mini, I use the ATI Remote Wonder II.   It
works great for controlling MythTV and doing other basic tasks without
resorting to a mouse & keyboard.

You can program the function keys to start applications, like MythTV,
DVD Player.app, etc.   The direction pad controls the mouse pointer,
and you can set the remote keys to send keypresses to the app in
focus.    They can be purchased on eBay for under $30.

Also, regarding the PPC Mini,   I assume you're just going to be doing
SD video..   To do HD, you'll need some more horsepower,  probably a
Core Duo 1.66GHz minimum.