[mythtv-users] Ubuntu Edgy - MythWeb

A JM vbtalent at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 17:49:59 UTC 2007

To put an end to my saga and as a courtesy to the list along with my
apologies, I found the problem.

As usual it was user error it just didn't come to the forefront until
it was found. The machine I was running the backend on was duplicating
my slave backends IP address, arrgh!!!!

In essence the slave backend was being truthful in that mythweb was
not installed and won't be found since it was answering the http
requests. Also, that was reason I was able to pull the mythweb page up
only on the backend, now that the IP's are corrected all appears to be
working as designed.

On my Ubuntu Edgy setup there was no need to modify the
/etc/apache2/httpd.conf or create a virtual web or modify the
/etc/apache2/apache2.conf only to copy the mythweb.conf to the
/etc/apache2/conf.d and create the link #sudo ln -s
/etc/apache2/mods-available/rewrite.load
/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/rewrite.load and set the permissions.

Thanks to all who helped and or made suggestions ALL were appreciated
and well recieved.

AJM,