[mythtv-users] MythTV + Distro

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 15:05:35 UTC 2007

On 2/9/07, Padayachee, Mervin        UTCFS
<Mervin.Padayachee at chubb.co.za> wrote:
> Can anyone advise me on the best Distro for MythTV wrt easy installation. I
> am try to get this done using Mandriva 2007 free but I am having too many
> dead ends.

everyone will have an opinion here. :)

i've been using KnoppMyth with great success.  easy install,
pre-confiured, almost plug and play...

http://www.mysettopbox.tv
http://www.mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/

from lurking on the list it also sounds like MythDora is a fairly plug
& play solution, but i haven't tried it.
and of course Red Hat/Fedora following Jerod Wilson's how-to gets rave
reviews: http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php

i'd recommend reading Jarod's How-to even if you go with one of the
MythDistros...