[mythtv-users] Myth frontend on PPC OSX?

David Snider dsnider at thesniderpad.com
Fri Feb 9 03:36:55 UTC 2007

Mark Knecht wrote:
> Hi,
>    I'm wondering whether there is a simple way to get mythfrontend
> working on a PPC Mac Mini running OS X? I'd need both mythfrontend and
> I guess LIRC to continue to use my StreamZap remote.

Well, you could download the binaries off my site....
www.thesniderpad.com.   While I don't compile LIRC in to the frontend,
you can use the Keyspan Express remote for the Mac (that's what I
use).   Or, if you want to go up a tiny bit in complexity, there is the
osx-packager.pl script that is in the contrib directory of SVN.

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythtv/contrib/OSX/osx-packager.pl,

at least that way you'd be able to compile in LIRC (I think, haven't
tried it myself).

Lasly, if you want to you can also go Gentoo (my second OS of choice).

Seems like the world is your oyster.. ;-)