[mythtv-users] What's up with the PVR-150?

bobwsmailbox-mytv at yahoo.com bobwsmailbox-mytv at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 9 03:29:09 UTC 2007

--- Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 08/02/07, Andrew Leahy <aleahy at knox.edu> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I was looking into getting a PVR-150, but when I looked at the reviews
> > at newegg.com they're getting a big thumbs down in recent weeks from
> > linux users because Hauppauge has apparently started replacing them with
> > relabeled HVR-1600's:

I ordered a pvr-150 from newegg and received a 1600, no indication of the swap on the box. The
note in the box indicated that Hauppauge ran out of 150s during the Christmas season and
substituted the 1600.

I got an RMA from newegg, but they wanted a Restock fee and of course I would have had to pay
shipping both ways. After I complained in an email to newegg, I wrote to hauppauge who quickly
responded with a RMA #, offering to exchange it for a 150. Then Newegg came through with an offer
to waive the restock fee and a $10 credit for shipping.

So I shipped it back to newegg and bought another 150 in a local store. (Which I opened in the
store to verify that it really was a 150.)

So they may be out of the substituted 1600s, but even if you get a 1600, you should be able to get
the right card one way or the other.

Bob