[mythtv-users] Newbie: How do I properly map my HD channels to my pcHD5500 dvb card ?

Gary M garymcm at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 00:59:42 UTC 2007

On 2/8/07, Irumbo Mateene <imateene at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I am using MythTv snv , I switched to this version as it allows me to skip
> encrypted channels that Comcast my cable provider displays.
>
> channels on my dvb card appear as XX.XX  e.g 105.1, 105.10 etc ..
>
> - I logged into DataDirect and setup an account with the digital HD channels
> I wish to see ..
> - chose cable high in MythTv to scan for channels using QAM 256
> - logged into MythFrontEnd and switched to hd5500 card, switched to channel
> I liked and hit "e" for channel editor ...
> - probe option is not working ,  I don't have XMLID's for my HD channels ..

<SNIP>

> please advise

I had this problem, with charter, I and found that the XML TV ID is 5
digit number. I entered this in the channel editor and it works fine.

There may be an easier way, but to determine the XML TV ID what  I did was :

mythtv$ tv_grab_na_dd

(you probably will need to do --configure first).

After configuration, then run it and extract the numbers from the XML
it returns.

Good luck,

--
Gary M