[mythtv-users] It works!

Glenn Harris gharris+list+mythtv at eklo.com
Thu Feb 8 22:50:16 UTC 2007

Also, on Ubuntu, mythtv gets it's mysql information from
/etc/mysql.txt (it may be /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt or something similar..
i am at work now so I cannot verify).  At any rate, this file has its
permissions set so only the mythtv user can view it.  You could either
change the group permissions on the file to something common between
your normal user and the mythtv user, or add your normal user to the
mythtv group.

Somewhat relatedly, if you plan on using mythdvd or mythmusic you will
need to add the mythtv user to the 'cdrom' group to grant permission
to the cd/dvd drive.

Good luck!

--Glenn