[mythtv-users] deleting obsolete channels [was: Rogers Cable (Toronto and area) channel lineup changes]

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Thu Feb 8 22:44:56 UTC 2007

| From: D. Hugh Redelmeier <hugh at mimosa.com>

| Rogers Cable has changed their conventional cable TV channel lineup in Toronto.
| Zap2it Labs and MythTV do not adjust to the change automatically.
|
| Here's what worked for me:

Actually, I spoke too soon.

All the new channels were added but the replaced channels remained.
To be concrete, Rogers replaced 3 channels:
37: CNNH replaced by BBCW
48: SPCCAN replaced by TCMC
55 CNBCC replaced by AMCCAN

Zap2it got this right.

MythTV thinks both sets of channels co-exist (according the the
channel guide).

MythWeb thinks only the old ones exist (I think that it takes only one
channel per number, and the last one wins).

How can I get these old channels deleted?

I tried a bunch of things including
	mythfilldatabase --do-channel-updates
	mythfilldatabase --remove-new-channels
	mythtvsetup: remove channel