[mythtv-users] More Source data: Intel 2.8MHz PAINFULLY SLOOOOOW Transcoding/nuvexport - .6 frames per second? - Suggestions

Dmitry Shesterin dscheste at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 17:21:55 UTC 2007

Thanks for responses:)

Here is what I have for options for XVID:

nuvexport --transcode
noise reduction - yes
clipping - 2%
x - 646
y - 464 (something like that (-2%))
deinterlace - ON
mp3 - 128
video bitrate - 960

I noticed that the original recording are 480x480, I guess I am
pulling them to a new resolution with the transcode settings.

You are right, I have pretty much all the options activated. Any
further suggestions in regards to increasing conversion speed?

Thanks! - And is there a terminal command to pull all those fun stats
off mythtvbox or should I just copy it from the system status screens?

I have Edgy Eft running MythTV .20 on an Intel 2.8MHz and 640Mb RAM.

When I use nuvexport --transcode and select XVID codec, the
conversion rate is about 2 frames per second... DIVX is about 6.

I have been using similar codecs on Windows with a slower machine and
speed there was in a range of 30 frames.

Could anybody give me some pointers as how to increase the speed or
why is it so slow?

Codecs? Anything else?

Silence gives consent,
Think twice before shutting up.