[mythtv-users] more scheduling options required

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Thu Feb 8 10:18:29 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-08 at 21:10 +1100, Paul wrote:
> In australia we have dual digital channels eg ABC (sd) and ABC (hd) and
> mostly they have similar program, I've had some issues with mythtv
> either recording BOTH channels of the same show or the HD version (more
> disk space etc..).
> so I need some more options or to split the scheduler to enable "only on
> this channel" ie I want to record 1 showing of this program "on this
> channel" so splitting this option as another configuration would be more
> flexible, what do you think

The options are already there for you. ;)  If you're getting similar,
but not identical listings for ABC (sd) versus ABC (hd) then you're okay
on that front.  At that point, you would define a show as "record at any
time on any channel", and give the ABC (hd) channel a bump up in Channel
Priorities.  So you'd get the HD recording if available.

	-I