[mythtv-users] FUN: What are your stats from mythweb?
mark.chang at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 05:51:38 UTC 2007
On 2/7/07, David Whyte <david.whyte at gmail.com> wrote:
> > First recording:
> > Thursday November 16th, 2006
> You had a baby on Nov 1 and still mananged to find time in the first
> fortnight to setup a mythbox. You sir, have it truly well setup :)
I knew someone would pick up on that :). And no, I am not leaving the
wife to mother my child 24/7. I'm there, true co-parenting style.... I
just didn't sleep for two months. Luckily, I'm okay with that.
I have to take my hat off to Ubuntu's mythtv binary packages in Edgy.
It was up and running in nearly no time flat. A couple apt-get
installs and reading a wiki page worth of instructions for a FE/BE
system. *Maybe* two hours.
* 10/28/2006: first post to this list looking for n00b advice on
hardware (and no, I didn't know about gossamer-threads)
* 10/31/2006: went to hospital
* 11/01/2006: first child arrived
* 11/8/2006: Ordered the Dell E521
* 11/9/2006: Ordered the HDHomeRun
* 11/16/2006: Post claiming "HDTV success"
* 11/21/2006: Ordered PVR-150 for SD cable recordings
Followed by lots of tweaking to get things *just right*. Fun times.
Mark L. Chang
More information about the mythtv-users