[mythtv-users] What's up with the PVR-150?

Andrew Leahy aleahy at knox.edu
Thu Feb 8 04:15:17 UTC 2007

Hello,

I was looking into getting a PVR-150, but when I looked at the reviews
at newegg.com they're getting a big thumbs down in recent weeks from
linux users because Hauppauge has apparently started replacing them with
relabeled HVR-1600's:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/CustratingReview.asp?Item=N82E16815116625

Evidently, the chip in this card isn't supported by the ivtv driver.
Does anybody know if this is a long term problem?  Will there eventually
be support for this card through the ivtv driver?  Are there other mpeg2
cards which are equally cheap?

Thanks for your help.

Andrew Leahy