[mythtv-users] TV Recommendations

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Wed Feb 7 22:18:09 UTC 2007

Steven Adeff wrote:
> that shouldn't be the case. I can't say your wrong, since it was your
> eyes, but from what I've seen at my friends (who has both, though its
> only a computer projector so the quality is bad) the rear projector
> holds its blacks *much* better compared to the front projector.

It may be they've improved in this area.  The rear projection sets I've
seen "in the wild" are mostly ones from a few years ago, installed in
bars and the like.  They seem to have major problems with washout from
sunlight.  The new ones I've seen have all been in windowless "big box"
stores where that's not an issue, but few people have windowless living
rooms. ;)