[mythtv-users] consecutive recordings not working

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Wed Feb 7 20:49:16 UTC 2007

ryan patterson wrote:
> Sorry I should have included more details.  No I don't have and time
> extension.  I have two tuners so there shouldn't be any conflicts.  The
> recordings were scheduled correctly.  I think they were scheduled for
> the same tuner also.

Sorry, that person didn't read your message and the response
was off track.

"Aborted" normally means that the recorder got to a point
where it should have been recording then something went wrong.
There is another state for Failed when the recorder is unable
to start the scheduled recording. However, in either of these
cases the scheduler said it was time to go. If it didn't fit,
the scheduler would have marked it as a Conflict and there
would be no attempt to record.

You mentioned mythweb but for debugging a problem, cut that
out of the picture. Go to your mythbackend text output and find
these events. Look at the logs from the seconds leading up to
the top of the hour for the start time up to the abort message
and any relevant messages in the seconds after. If this doesn't
help you understand and/or solve the problem, send this log
segment.

Also, go to the mythfrontend "Previously Recorded" page to
find the final recording status for those shows. Were they
"Aborted" or something else?

Also, an abort is usually when a recording is in progress but
is interrupted like when the backend crashes and is restarted.
If the abort was more than a few seconds after the start time,
there should have been a partial recording. Is there one now
or was there one that you/ve already deleted?

--  bjm