[mythtv-users] TV Recommendations

Jeff volckaert jvolckaert at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 15:47:24 UTC 2007

> > Just out of curiosity... Anyone have an opinion on DLP?
>
> Cheap & they seem to work well enough.
>
> I would probably choose a DLP over LCD or plasma, simply because I'll
> be able to get the screen size for much less money, and I don't care
> that it's a few inches thick at the base.

This article may be of interest to alot of people on this list:
Get Ready to Pay Less for LCDs
Slow season and oversupply mean price drops

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/20070205/lcd-prices.htm

"Slow seasonal sales and oversupply in the first quarter of 2007 will
push prices to less than the $300 level for 32-inch LCD TV panels in
March," the firm stated, "which is below the manufacturing cost
level."