[mythtv-users] Quick question .. need to log in to record?

Damian Surr damian at gingermagic.com
Wed Feb 7 15:45:25 UTC 2007

There's a program I want to record while we're away, but we have
computer illiterate house sitters. I've set it all up, but the computer
makes too much noise to have left on for 2 days (silencing it is my next
project after getting it working).

If I just tell my house sitters to turn the machine on an hour before
the program, will it record or do I need to tell them how to log in as
well? I don't know if the backend starts before or after log in.

I've got a fairly fresh install of Ubuntu and Myth, so I've not set up
anything fancy on boot up. It just goes to the log in screen.