[mythtv-users] Convert nuv to mpg

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Feb 7 02:59:02 UTC 2007

On Feb 6, 2007, at 7:43 PM, Rodney D. Myers wrote:

> On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 21:33:13 -0500
> Andrew Robinson <awrobinson-ml at nc.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm looking for a command to convert an nuv file to an mpg file
>> suitable
>> for creating a DVD. From what I've seen, nuvexport seems to be the
>> popular choice. However, I've not had luck installing nuvexport
>> because
>> of dependencies and it seems nuvexport is an interactive command. I
>> would like a command I could stick in a script. From what I've found,
>> ffmpeg and transcode seem to be the programs to accomplish this. I
>> tried
>> 'ffmpeg -formats' and the ffmpeg installed on my myth box does not
>> support nuppelvideo. That would seem to leave transcode. I have not
>> found a good tutorial on transcode and the options don't seem
>> intuitive.
>> (This is intended to show that I have made an effort to figure
>> this out.)
>>
>> Does anyone have an example or a pointer to an example of a
>> 'transcode'
>> command to convert a nuv file to an mpg file?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Andrew Robinson
>
> Not exactly what your looking for, but I use avidemux to remove
> commercials & convert to dvd mpg.

That will help out, as will ProjectX.

Assuming your .nuv file came from a PVR you will need to demux it,
remux it and the "author" the DVD. Depending on your Myth version
Mythburn or Mytharchive will attempt to do this for you.

BTW - "nuv" is a container type, "mpeg" is a compression algorithm
(or a set of them). Neither one is a "file" type, that's something
different. No wonder I get confused.

But we know what you mean, you want to make a playable DVD from a
Myth recording. :-)

Check out:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Archiving_Recordings_to_DVD