[mythtv-users] newbie question

Scott list-mythtv at bluecamel.eml.cc
Wed Feb 7 02:50:25 UTC 2007

On Feb 6, 2007, at 9:07 PM, Clayton Aucoin wrote:

> OK, so I have had some problems with MySQL install/configuration
> and MythTV, but thanks to this list, I think I have these problems
> solved.  I do, however, have one other problem.  I want to remove
> my MythTV installation and start completely over, but I don't know
> how to do this.  I installed mythtv from a binary (I guess like
> everyone else?) and don't know how to go about removing those types
> of installs.  I've only been a complete Linux user for about 3 or 4
> months, so I'm still learning.  I'm running SLED 10 32bit if that
> helps/means anything.  Any help on this issue would be GREATLY
> appreaciated.  Thanks in advance.

As far as I know SLED10 still uses rpm for packages. So some of the
following commands might work for you:

To find all packages with the word "myth" in the name of the package:
rpm -qa | grep -i myth

Not needed to remove a package, but useful to know to see all files
belonging to a package <packagename>:
rpm -ql <packagename>

For each mythtv <packagename> found with the previous command:
rpm -e <packagename>

--
Scott <catfather at donpoo.net>
AIM: BlueCame1